The midfielder thinks FIFA has been unfair with its sanctions but says the controversy isn't affecting the players.
Soccer's governing body slapped the Blaugrana with a suspension from activity in the next two transfer windows after identifying irregularities in the signings of 10 young players in recent seasons.
"It's disproportionate and unjust. We'll try to oppose it," he said during a press conference Monday. "La Masia does a more than adequate job, it's part of our philosophy. Barca spends many years working properly with youngsters, we look after them.
"We're not isolated from what happens, but we try to stay calm in the dressing room. What happens outside helps to unite us."
Xavi also took a swipe at recent criticism of Sergio Busquets following the midfielder's controversial confrontation with Pepe during the Clasico last month.
Busquets was accused of stomping on the Real Madrid defender, with Spain teammate Iker Casillas claiming he would give the midfielder "a slap" for his behavior, and Xavi believes such remarks are unfair.
"We have no doubts over Busquet's action. They're being very unfair to him, even his teammates in the national team," Xavi said. "We don't have to defend him, the pictures defend him. It's obvious he doesn't stamp on Pepe."
Barcelona faces Atletico Madrid on Wednesday in the second leg of its Champions League quarterfinal tie and Xavi has called on his side to "destroy" Diego Simeone's outfit.
"It's a final, a match of heads or tails," he added. "It's very difficult to create chances against Atletico. We have to win the game and that benefits us. In front of us are a team we have to destroy. We must try to take the lead and see how they react. We have to be protagonists, to dominate the ball to go on the attack."