Jorge Messi says it is "flattering" to hear rumors of the Ligue 1 champions' interest but maintains the Argentine star has no desire to leave Camp Nou.
The Paris outfit has been reported to be preparing a world-record 250 million euro bid this summer to bring the Blaugrana star to Ligue 1. However, Jorge Messi denied suggestions that Les Rouge-et-Bleu could succeed in taking the forward away from Camp Nou and stressed that his son would not be leaving.
"I have heard about those rumors and I don't know where they came from," the star's father told L'Equipewhen questioned about PSG's reported interest. "There is nothing so far. Lionel is a Barcelona player, where he is under contract for several years [until 2018]. It is an honor to know PSG could think about him. But I repeat it is not a subject we want to think about now.
"The only reality is his contract with Barca. I don't know what we are talking about when people talk about a transfer here or there. We don't want to think about anything, neither Paris nor any other team."
Messi has been synonymous with Barcelona's success in recent year, having scored 313 times in 400 games for the Catalans since joining their academy at the age of 13.
Though Messi's father was happy to pledge his son's short-term future to the club, he did concede the sport is unpredictable.
"Can I assure Messi will play at Barca next season? He is under contract. In football, you know we never know what can happen. I don't know what will be tomorrow made of. Only God knows."
Barcelona and Messi face Malaga on Sunday after slipping behind Real Madrid, which moved to top spot in La Liga after a 2-0 win over Granada on Saturday having played a game more.