The PSG manager insists the player's visit to China during the international break has been blown out of all proportion, adding that he is fit to face Barcelona.Paris Saint-Germain coach Carlo Ancelotti has been quick to play down the importance of David Beckham's trip to China last week, insisting he does not consider it a problem.
Beckham visited three Chinese cities in an ambassadorial capacity during the international break, and while some felt the 37-year-old's trip may cause friction within the club, Ancelotti revealed that it is simply not the case.
"I don't have any problem with David Beckham going to China. He went there, which everyone agreed on, and there is no problem with me, the club or the players," Ancelotti told reporters. 'He came back, took part in training on Monday and did well. I never understood the controversy."
Beckham's decision to venture abroad has not gone down well with everyone, however, with France legend Bixente Lizarazu slamming the Englishman's decision to do such a thing so close to a vital game.
Ancelotti's side faces Barcelona on Tuesday in the first leg of their much-anticipated Champions League quarterfinal clash at Parc des Princes, and the Italian says Beckham is very much part of his plans for the game.
"He is available to play against Barcelona," Ancelotti said.
PSG faces Montpellier on Friday in a Ligue 1 clash as the final tune-up before the clash with the Catalan giant.