Mesto, Dainelli, Kaladze, Moretti
Rossi, Veloso, Constant
Zè Eduardo, Pratto
Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Nagatomo
Alvarez, Motta, Cambiasso, Faraoni
Genoa coach Alberto Malesani is forced to contend with numerous absences upon consideration of his starting XI against the Nerazzurri on Tuesday, as the trio of Valter Birsa, Juraj Kucka, Luca Antonelli have been ruled out, while talisman Rodrigo Palacio will be out of action until after the New Year. In addition, Cesare Bovo faces a late fitness test.
As a result, two changes are to be anticipated. Defender Kakha Kaladze should reclaim his place in central defense alongside Dario Dainelli, after the Georgian played out his one-match ban against Siena on Sunday. Also, Lucas Pratto is set to be given another chance to impress in attack, after so far struggling to impose himself since his arrival from Boca Juniors during the summer.
Meanwhile for the visitors Inter, it similarly has an growing list of treatment table attendees, which includes Emiliano Viviano, Diego Forlan, Jonathan, Joel Obi, Dejan Stankovic and Wesley Sneijder, who should be back in the side in early 2012.
Regarding the expected XI to take to the field in Liguria, Ricky Alvarez looks to be the only incoming player, with Philippe Coutinho ready to miss out and settle for a place on the substitutes bench.
||DID YOU KNOW|
- Genoa has not defeated Inter in Serie A action since the 1994-95 season.
- The Rossoblu recently ended a run of two straight defeats with a 2-0 win against Siena on Sunday.
- However, it has been unable to register back-to-back victories since matchdays three and four.
- Inter is unbeaten in its last nine Serie A games against Genoa (W6 D3).
- The Nerazzurri have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three visits to the Marassi against Genoa.
- Contrastingly, in 21 competitive matches this season, Inter has not conceded only five times.