The Old Lady will look to put their recent stuttering form well behind them with a convincing performance against Alberto Malesani's side
Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini
Pepe, Pirlo, Marchisio, Estigarribia
Mesto, Dainelli, Moretti, Antonelli
Kucka, Veloso, Rossi
Buffon suffered a bruised shoulder during training on Thursday, paving the way for former AC Milan shot-stopper Storari to line up between the sticks. Their summer recruit Vidal, on the other hand, is still recovering from a thigh injury incurred in Wednesday's session.
Other changes are also seen on the flanks, as Milos Krasic and Eljero Elia have been dropped from the side, amid reports that coach Antonio Conte is unhappy with their form. Therefore, Simone Pepe and Marcelo Estigarribia are likely to be handed the responsibility of providing width.
Meanwhile, Genoa have also opted to make alterations from the team that drew 0-0 with Lecce in last weekend's drab affair. Emiliano Moretti is expected to replace the suspended Kakha Kaladze in central defense, while Marco Rossi should make way for the incoming Giandomenico Mesto at right back.
Elsewhere, Valter Birsa will be sacrificed for Rossi, who moves from defense into midfield, and Cristiano Jorquera should replace Andrea Caracciolo in attack.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus has beat Genoa six times, with the visitors winning just once since its return to Serie A in 2007.
- Impressively, the Old Lady has scored in each of its last 16 meetings with the Grifoni.
- Juventus has failed to score at home just four times since March 2008, but interestingly every time it hasn't found the net, it has lost.
- In addition, the club are unbeaten in their past seven games and have lost just once in its last 16.
- Meanwhile, Genoa has beaten Juventus away from home just twice in 44 fixtures, and have suffered 53 defeats against Juventus on 88 occasions; the club's worst record against any Serie A team.
- Alberto Malesani's side have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last nine away games, losing seven on the road.
- Rodrigo Palacio has been involved in eight of his Genoa's nine total goals this season, scoring five and assisting three.