Without further ado, here are the power rankings for Week 21 of Women's Professional Soccer:
1. FC Gold Pride - Even after locking up the top spot in WPS and playing without their regular unit, the Pride were able to control the game in a 2-0 win over the distant-second Boston Breakers. (previous: 1)
2. Boston Breakers - Alyssa Naeher has been great in net for the Breakers. When she's hot, she can shut down any team. She showed signs of that in the loss to FC Gold Pride, and could be a difference if they meet again in the championship. (3)
3. Washington Freedom - All the Freedom needed was a win to lock up the final playoff spot in WPS. They were ousted by Chicago, but showed a no-quit attitude, grabbing a goal in stoppage time in a 2-1 loss. (2)
4. Sky Blue FC - Meghann Burke has stepped up her game and single handedly kept the defending champions in the hunt for that last playoff spot with 11 saves in two matches last week, both draws. Now her offense needs to step up, with the club needing a win in the last regular season matchday to have a chance at a playoff berth. (5)
5. Philadelphia Independence - Paul Riley's club is now riding a three-game losing skid, the most recent a 2-0 loss to the Chicago Red Stars. Not exactly the way the expansion club hoped to be playing heading into the postseason. (4)
6. Chicago Red Stars - In two matches against two teams still alive for the WPS playoffs, the Red Stars came together as a club and won both -- 2-0 vs. Philadelphia; 2-1 vs. Washington -- ending the season on a high note. (6)
7. Atlanta Beat - Still searching for its identity with now just a game left in the 2010 season, the Beat at least straightened out its defense. After allowing nine goals in two matches, the Beat earned a clean sheet, but still couldn't win, drawing 0-0 with Sky Blue FC. (7)
Goal.com contributor Giovanni Albanese Jr. covers FC Gold Pride for Tri-City Voice newspaper in Fremont, Calif. You can follow him on Twitter @GAlbaneseJr.
For more on Women's Professional Soccer, visit Goal.com's WPS page and join Goal.com USA's Facebook fan page!