Mexican national team star and Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez scored his seventh career goal in the UEFA Champions League, moving him past Nery Castillo into second on the all-time list. Only El Tri legend Hugo Sanchez has scored more, finding the net 17 times during his Real Madrid career.
Chicarito scored a stoppage time goal to settle the 3-1 game against Braga, the same opponent he scored two against last month, and preserve Manchester United's 100 percent record in the Champions League group stage, with four wins from four.
Hernandez scored his first Champions League goal on Sept. 29, 2010, against Valencia.
All-time top-scoring Mexican players in the UEFA Champions League:
1. Hugo Sánchez, Real Madrid: 17
2. Javier Hernandez, Manchester United: 7
3. Nery Castillo, Olympiakos / Shakhtar: 6
4. Carlos Vela, Arsenal: 2
5. Rafael Marquez, Monaco / Barcelona: 1
5. Pavel Pardo, Stuttgart: 1
5. Guillermo Franco, Villarreal: 1
5. Giovani dos Santos, Barcelona / Tottenham: 1
5. Efrain Juarez Celtic: 1
Follow GOAL.COM USA on
Does this article fire you up? Comment below and your opinion could be featured in the Boost Mobile Hot Topics published every Thursday. Click here for more details.