The Rapids play their first game since trading veteran midfielder Pablo Mastroeni to the LA Galaxy, kicking off a three-game road trip at Toyota Park.
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Johnson; Anibaba, Berry, Soumare, Segares; Nyarko, Alex, Larentowicz, Lindpere; Magee, Rolfe.
OUT: Arne Friedrich (hip tightness), Steven Kinney (R quad strain)
|Colorado Rapids (4-3-3): Irwin; Mullan, Wynne, Moor, Klute; Sturgis, Powers, Rivero; Castrillon, Brown, Buddle.
OUT: Diego Calderon (R knee surgery), Matt Pickens (L arm fracture), Brenton Griffiths (R shoulder dislocation)
QUESTIONABLE: Jaime Smith (R groin strain)
- Chicago's Mike Magee has four goals in four games in all competitions with the Fire since being acquired from the LA Galaxy.
- The Rapids also made a deal with the Galaxy, sending veteran midfielder Pablo Mastroeni to the two-time defending MLS Cup champions this week.
- The match is the first of three straight away from home for the Rapids, who will also play at Portland and at Montreal before returning to Dick's Sporting Goods Park.
- Colorado's Atiba Harris is suspended for the match after receiving a red card in last weekend's loss to San Jose. Harris has a team-high four goals.
- Midfielder Hendry Thomas and manager Oscar Pareja will also be serving bans for the Rapids, with Thomas being punished the MLS Disciplinary Committee for a rash tackle on San Jose's Steven Beitashour and Pareja being disciplined for leaving the technical area in the same match.
- Both teams have sent representatives to the FIFA U-20 World Cup, with Colorado center back Shane O'Neill and Chicago forward Victor Pineda making the trip to Turkey.
- Chicago is unbeaten in five matches in all competitions but remains 10 points out of the final playoff place in the Eastern Conference standings.