|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Corrales, Opara, Morrow; Dawkins, Baca, Cronin, Chavez; Gordon, Wondolowski.
OUT: MF Jean-Marc Alexandre (R knee MCL sprain); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); DF Jason Hernandez (R hamstring strain); MF Shea Salinas (L hamstring strain); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
DOUBTFUL: MF Cesar Diaz Pizarro (R groin strain)
|Colorado Rapids (4-2-3-1): Pickens; Freeman, Wynne, Moor, Zapata; Thomas, Larentowicz; Mullan, Rivero, Cascio; Casey.
OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Edu (R foot contusion); FW Kamani Hill (L quad strain)
PROBABLE: FW Omar Cummings (R ankle soreness)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Quakes will have some lineup shuffling to do, with Steven Lenhart, Victor Bernardez, and Jason Hernandez all suspended for this game.
- In 25 games this season, the Rapids have only two ties, the fewest draws of any MLS team in 2012.
- The Earthquakes rank first in MLS in home goals-scored average (2.33/game) and second in road goals-scored average (1.54/game).
- The Rapids have won just once in their last eight home games against San Jose. That win came Aug. 7, 2010; the teams will meet Oct. 6 in Commerce City.
- Chris Wondolowski's penalty in San Jose's 3-1 loss to Montreal last week was the striker's 18th of the season. Averaging a goal in each of the Quakes' nine remaining matches would see him tie Roy Lassiter's single-season record.