Montreal Impact head coach Jesse Marsch said on Tuesday that the club was in ongoing negotiations with Alessandro Nesta and that the defender is intent on signing with the team.MONTREAL – Two weeks after telling Goal.com that he had not received any offers from MLS clubs, Alessandro Nesta now seems to be in luck.
After the Impact confirmed with Goal.com on Monday that the club was in ongoing negotiations with Nesta, head coach Jesse Marsch reiterated following Tuesday’s training session at Complexe sportif Claude-Robillard the team’s desire to sign the 36-year-old defender and also stressed the former AC Milan player's willingness to reach an agreement.
“I can tell you that Alessandro Nesta wants to be here,” Marsch said. “We’re working hard on making that happen.”
Marsch also said that he hopes defenders Matteo Ferrari and Nelson Rivas will be able to make a return within the next two to three weeks.
With 32 goals conceded so far, the Impact have the worst defensive record in MLS.