Two winless Canadian rivals meet up, one looking to get off the foot of the table, the other for its first-ever MLS victory.
|Montreal Impact (4-4-2): Ricketts; Wahl, Ferrari, Brovsky, Martins; Mapp, Bernier, Arnaud, Gardner; Nyassi, Corradi.
OUT: DF Nelson Rivas (L hamstring strain); FW Eduardo Sebrango (L groin strain); DF Hassoun Camara (R quad strain)
PROBABLE: FW Justin Braun (L groin strain)
|Toronto FC (4-3-3): Kocic; Aceval, Morgan, Harden, Eckersley; De Guzman, Silva, Dunfield; Plata, Johnson, Soolsma.
QUESTIONABLE: DF Miguel Aceval (R hamstring tightness)
PROBABLE: DF Adrian Cann (R knee surgery recovery)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- TFC (0-3-0) is no stranger to slow starts. In 2011, the Reds garnered just one win from their first eight matches.
- The Impact are yet to win an MLS game, having drawn one and lost four, their most recent defeat a 1-0 at Real Salt Lake.
- Montreal is not alone when it comes to under-performing expansion teams. Last year, Vancouver won its first game before embarking on a 14 game winless run, and Portland had to wait until July for its first away win.
- Toronto has dominated the six Canadian Championship meetings between these two teams, winning five and drawing one, outscoring the Impact 12-2.
- Toronto is 2-2-1 all time against expansion clubs.