The Eastern Conference's fourth placed team visits its second placed team in a key showdown for playoff positions.
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Cesar, Besler, Sinovic; Espinoza, Zusi, Jeferson; Kamara, Sapong, Bravo.||
OUT: DF Daneil Cyrus (L foot fracture); MF Luke Sassano (R knee sprain); MF Konrad Warzycha (R knee surgery); PROBABLE: MF Craig Rocastle (R knee sprain)
Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Freeman, Hainault, Boswell, Ashe; Clark, Cameron, Davis, Watson; Ching, Costly.
HOUSTON DYNAMO -- OUT: MF Alex Dixon (L finger fracture)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Sporting KC, second in the East with 36 points, has only lost once in LIVESTRONG Sporting Park. Nine games ago, before an extended homestand, Kansas City had 17 points, tied for seventh in the East. The team has gone 4-1-4 in the games since, eight of which have been at home.
- In its last game the Dynamo saw its unbeaten streak end at five games, falling 1-0 to the Vancouver Whitecaps on Aug. 27 at Empire Field.
- Sporting center back Aurelien Collin will miss this match due to card accumulation.
- Houston's center back Bobby Boswell will also be suspended for this match with card accumulation.
- Kansas City currently sits in second place in the Eastern Conference with 37 points, three behind first placed Columbus.
- The Dynamo is still winless away from home, with an 0-5-8 record.