thumbnail Hello,

Former Premier League winner is no longer going to play in Asia and could leave for the United States, but he was happy with his brief adventure in Hong Kong.

Former Chelsea and Atletico Madrid striker Mateja Kezman has ended his stint with Hong Kong’s South China club and is delighted with his “fantastic” four-month stint.

The 32-year-old announced that he is leaving the team after scoring the extra-time winner in its 2-1 victory over Wo Foo Tai Po in the Hong Kong FA Cup final on Sunday.

"I can go home with a nice feeling and satisfaction with another cup title added to my record," Kezman is quoted as saying by AFP, and added that it had been "a fantastic four months" at the Asian club.

However, the former PSV Eindhoven and Paris Saint-Germain striker admitted to some regret when he said: "But of course there are also two big disappointments -- losing the [Hong Kong league] championship and the AFC Cup.”

Kezman, who won the Premier League with Chelsea in 2004-05 and the Turkish League with Fenerbahce in 2006-07, is said to have received offers from clubs in Major League Soccer and the Middle-East. Kezman said he would make his final decision only after a holiday with his family.


Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!



Related