Real Salt Lake climbs to third in this week's Goal.com MLS Rankings after notching its third consecutive win.
Goal.com MLS Rankings: Week 8
1. Los Angeles – Galaxy fans will hope Saturday night's snoozer of a 0-0 draw with Toronto isn't a preview of life without Edson and Landon. (1)
2. Columbus – The Crew just keeps finding ways to win games. (2)
3. Real Salt Lake – Three wins out of three at Rio Tinto and all of a sudden RSL looks frisky again.. (6)
4. San Jose – The old Earthquakes would have somehow found a way to let a draw slip away in New England on Saturday night. (4)
5. Houston – The Dynamo has yet to record the same result back-to-back in its nine games this season. Put the odds on a win against D.C. United at Robertson Stadium on Saturday. (3)
6. Colorado – Number of road wins through 30 games in 2009: two. Number of road wins through eight games in 2010: three. (7)
7. New York – Thierry Henry can't arrival quickly enough to bolster the Red Bulls' flagging attack. (5)
8. Seattle – The surprising win at New York won't mean much if Sounders FC can't find a way to replicate the feat at home to San Jose on Saturday. (9)
9. Toronto FC – TFC will collect some road points if it consistently stifles the game as well as it did in Los Angeles last weekend. (11)
10. Chivas USA – Zero points did not represent an adequate reward for the work performed at Crew Stadium. (10)
11. FC Dallas – Time to stop throwing away points, FCD. (8)
12. Chicago – Brian McBride as a substitute? If he performs like he did against Kansas City and saves his legs for the stretch run, the approach may just work. (13)
13. Kansas City – The Wizards, as many suspected prior to the season, still need a few pieces to vie for a playoff spot. We may soon see if Jamar Beasley is one of them. (12)
14. New England – From the We Didn't Need This department: Battered Revs play Portuguese champions Benfica in Wednesday night friendly at Gillette Stadium. (14)
15. Philadelphia – Welcome to MLS, Danny Mwanga. That late volley to rescue a point against FC Dallas shows why the Union drafted you number one. (16)
16. D.C. United – No excuses, Luciano Emilio. Get fit and get fit quickly. (15)
Kyle McCarthy writes the Monday MLS Breakdown and frequently writes opinion pieces during the week for Goal.com. He also covers the New England Revolution for the Boston Herald and MLSsoccer.com. Contact him with your questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter by clicking here.
For more on Major League Soccer, visit Goal.com's MLS page.