Roberto Martinez prepares to face United, but will be aware of three 5-0 defeats the Latics have suffered in their previous five meetings with Sir Alex Ferguson's side.
Alcaraz, Caldwell, Figueroa
Boyce, McCarthy, McArthur, Beausejour
Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra
Valencia, Scholes, Carrick, Young
Neither team has any suspensions to worry about but there are injuries afflicting both squads.
Roberto Martinez is without Colombian striker Hugo Rodallega for the visit of Manchester United but it is the away side which has more players on the treatment table.
Midfielder Anderson remains sidelined with a hamstring injury but could return next week. However in better news, Nani and Michael Owen are both expected to be fit for selection for the trip to the DW Stadium.
The Latics have no long-term injury concerns, but Sir Alex Ferguson will have to wait until the summer for the return of Nemanja Vidic and Darren Fletcher. Goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard also remains a long-term doubt.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Wigan has a terrible recent record against its visitor, recording an enormous 21-0 deficit in the last five encounters.
- The home side have never so much as taken a point off United in any meeting between the sides.
- Wigan has scored just four times in the 14 matches.
- Victor Moses (right), Franco Di Santo and Jordi Gomez are the home side's top goalscorers this year with a paltry four goals each.
- In contrast, Wayne Rooney has 30 goals to his name in one of his most impressive campaigns.
- Roberto Martinez's side has lost just once in its last five games though, and was unfortunate to leave Stamford Bridge empty-handed following two officiating blunders.
- The club has also found its shooting boots, scoring in the last five fixtures.
Follow GOAL.COM USA on