David Moyes will be hoping new signings Nikica Jelovic and Steven Pienaar can help his side carry-on from its 1-0 victory over Manchester City at the DW Stadium on Saturday.
Stam, Caldwell, Boyce, Figueroa
McArthur, Watson, McCarthy
Neville, Hibbert, Heitinga, Baines
Donavon, Cahill, Pienaar
Antolin Alcaraz could come back from his groin injury in time for the match, but Roberto Martinez is likely to break the defender into the side slowly, so a seat on the bench may be more realistic.
It is likely that new arrivals Nikica Jelavic and Steven Pienaar could play a part in the clash, in order to get them some game time with their new side under the belt ahead of next week's difficult game against Chelsea.
David Moyes is still without the services of Phil Jagielka (knee ligament injury) and Sylvain Distin (hamstring) in defense, but he is likely to stick with the same formation which kept a clean sheet during the spirited 1-0 win over Manchester City.
Jack Rodwell (Hamstring), Leon Osman (Knee) and Seamus Coleman (Thigh) are also on the injury list narrowing down Moyes' already small squad.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Wigan has not recorded a victory in its previous nine home games drawing three and losing six.
- Everton has only won one of its previous five games on the road.
- Victor Moses (right) of Wigan has made the most runs in the Premier League this season with 161.
- If games were judged on first half scores Everton would be 18th, with Wigan remaining bottom.
- Yet if it was judged on second half scores the Toffees would be in contention for a European place in 5th.
- This comes as a result of Moyes side scoring 74 percent of its goals in the final 45 minutes.
- Wigan has conceded the joint most penalties in the league, eight, with Gary Caldwell committing the most for a single player with four.
- Al Habsi has made the fourth most saves out of any other goalkeeper in the league, with 78, stopping 63 percent of shots.
- Wigan has committed more fouls than any other side giving away 292 free kicks.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.