The misfiring Whitecaps will take on Major League Soccer's hottest team and, arguably, its most effective scorer.
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-3-3): Cannon; Lee, Bonjour, DeMerit, Harvey; Koffie, Davidson, Watson; Le Toux, Hassli, Sanvezzo.
OUT: FW Darren Mattocks (R shoulder burn); GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery)
PROBABLE: MF Jun Marques Davidson (R adductor strain); FW Etienne Barbara (groin strain); FW Camilo Sanvezzo (R quad strain)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Opara, Hernandez, Corrales; Chavez, Stephenson, Moreno, Dawkins; Lenhart, Wondolowski.
OUT: DF Victor Bernardez (L knee MCL sprain); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); FW Alan Gordon (L hamstring strain); MF Shea Salinas (L clavicle fracture); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- With his two goals in San Jose's 5-3 win over D.C. United, Chris Wondolowski has jumped back into the lead of the MLS Golden Boot race. He has 10 goals from nine games.
- Wondolowski has had particular scoring success against the Whitecaps. In three games against the Canadians, he's found the net five times.
- San Jose's 5-3 Win over D.C. United was the highest scoring MLS game so far this season.
- Vancouver comes into this game riding a two-game streak in which it has recorded 1-0 wins. In eight games this season, the Whitecaps have recorded six shutouts.
- This will be the second meeting this season between these two sides. On April 7, Sebastien Le Toux's opener was trumped by two goals from Chris Wondolowski and one from Alan Gordon.