Houston heads north of the border looking to turn decent form into upward momentum. The Whitecaps, meanwhile, are attempting to hold onto the last playoff spot.
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-3-3): Cannon; Lee, DeMerit, Bonjour, Rochat; Koffie, Davidson, Watson; Le Toux, Hassli, Chiumiento.
OUT: GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery)
FW Atiba Harris (R knee pain)
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Hainault, Boswell, Taylor, Ashe; Carr, Moffat, Watson, Davis; Bruin, Ching.||
OUT: DF Kofi Sarkodie (R foot sprain); GK Erich Marscheider (R shoulder sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Since the first Canadian club joined the league in 2007, Houston has never won a match north of the border. The Dynamo are 0-3-3 overall against Toronto FC and Vancouver Whitecaps FC (and have not yet played the Montreal Impact).
- The Dynamo come into the game riding a four-game unbeaten streak since the opening of their new BBVA Compass Stadium. The club is 2-0-2 in that period. Two of the wins and one draw have come at home, their last game a 2-1 victory against the LA Galaxy.
- Vancouver has one of the most global rosters in all of MLS, with 17 total countries represented among the 30 slots on the team. Comparably, almost 70 percent of the Houston roster is made up of players hailing from the United States.
- Will Bruin is Houston's leading scorer this season. The second-year striker has five goals and an assist through 11 games.
- Vancouver has made offense a team affair. No Whitecaps player has scored more than three goals this season, and nine different players have recorded assists.