Vancouver welcomes Columbus, which has failed to earn at least a point in only one trip to Canada.
|Vancouver Whitecaps FC (4-2-3-1): Cannon; Rochat, Rusin, O'Brien, YP Lee; Koffie, Davidson; Manneh, Kobayashi, Mattocks; Miller.
OUT: Bryce Alderson (R knee pain), Omar Salgado (R foot pain), Matt Watson (R knee pain)
|Columbus Crew (4-2-3-1): Gruenebaum; Wahl, Glauber, Marshall, Williams; Viania, O'Rourke; Gaven, Higuain, Oduro; Arrieta.
- Both of these teams won their opening matches to the 2013 MLS season. The Crew dismantled Chivas to the tune of 3-0 and Vancouver edged Toronto FC 1-0.
- The Crew's record against Canadian teams is 3-1-5. They won their only game in Vancouver. However, the Whitecaps won in the last meeting when a Lee Young-Pyo set piece settled it.
- Jay DeMerit ruptured his Achilles in the first few minutes of the match against Toronto.
- In the three MLS meetings between these teams, all five goals have come in second halves.
- Federico Higuain, last year's Newcomer of the Year, scored a gorgeous long-range curler to start the current campaign off on a similar foot.