The Welsh club looks to continue its march up league table against West Brom with on-song wingers Nathan Dyer and Scott Sinclair likely to run riot again.
WEST BROMWICH ALBION
Tamas, Olsson, Ridgewell, Shorey
Cox, Mulumbu, Morrison, Dorrans
Rangel, Williams, Caulker, Taylor
Dyer, Britton, Allen, Sigurdsson, Sinclair
Hodgson will also welcome recent transfers Liam Ridgewell and Keith Andrews from Birmingham City and Blackburn Rovers respectively. Steven Reid also returned from a six month absence against Fulham and should play some part at the Hawthorns on Saturday. Jerome Thomas is also close to returning from an ankle injury.
Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers has a relatively fresh bill of health for his first choice players after his side escaped without injury from the midweek 1-1 draw with Chelsea at the Liberty Stadium.
However, midfielder Ferrie Boddie suffered another injury blow in a reserve match this week, which should again rule him out indefinitely as he neared return from almost three years on the sidelines. Andrea Orlandi is also ruled out for six weeks with a hamstring problem.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Swansea makes its shortest jaunt in the top flight this season when it travels 120 miles north east to Albion.
- Albion forward Somen Tchoyi (pictured right) scored the equalizer at Fulham as a late substitute on Tuesday. That was his first appearance in three months.
- The Welsh side lost only once in January, and also registered its first away win of the season at Aston Villa during the month.
- The Baggies have 12 homegrown players in their 25-man squad, four more than required by FA regulations.
- A penalty kick was scored in three of the last four meetings between the two sides.
- West Brom has only won one of its last six league games, while its opponent has only lost one game over the same span.
- Swansea has failed to score away in four of its last six ties, though Hodgson's side has only kept a clean sheet once in the last 15 matches.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.