The home side has only one win in its last six since Boxing Day and faces a Sunderland side that has lost its last two league games and sits six points away from the drop zone.
WEST BROMWICH ALBION
Reid, Olsson, Ridgewell, McAuley
Morrison, Yacob, Dorrans, Brunt
Bardsley, Bramble, Cuellar, O'Shea
Larsson, Colback, Gardner, Johnson
Goran Popov is still suspended after receiving a red card for spitting against Tottenham, so will be missing for the second game from the Baggies' defense.
Zoltan Gera and George Thorne (both knee) are long-term absentees, and are expected to miss the rest of the season. These are the only worries for West Brom manager Steve Clarke, though, who still has a strong squad to choose from.
Meanwhile, the Black Cats may be missing left-sided players Danny Rose (hamstring) and James McClean (ankle), who are both doubtful for this game, while Lee Cattermole (knee) is likely to miss out.
If Rose is not fit for this game, John O'Shea may be shuffled across to left back, while Phil Bardsley could be brought in at right back. Other than these doubts, Martin O'Neill has no other problems, so he should have a strong squad from which to choose.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- West Brom has not kept successive clean sheets since April 2012, but the last time the Baggies did so came after a win over Liverpool at Anfield.
- The Baggies have only won once in their last six games, a run that has seen them drop to ninth in the league table.
- West Brom has scored four goals in each of its last two Premier League games against Sunderland.
- The game between these two earlier this Premier League season ended with the Baggies winning 4-2 at the Stadium of Light thanks to goals from Zoltan Gera, Shane Long (pictured), Romelu Lukaku and Marc-Antoine Fortune.
- Sunderland's last four penalties in the Premier League have been awarded away from home.
- The Black Cats have lost two league games in a row for the fourth time this season, but have not yet lost three in a row.
- Martin O'Neill's side has not won any of its last 11 games against teams from the West Midlands, drawing four and losing seven.