The champions hit the Baggies for six when they met on the opening day of the season, but the Midlands club have been one of the form teams in the league over the last month
|West Brom: Carson; Reid, Meite, Olsson, Shorey; Thomas, Scharner, Mulumbu, Morrison, Brunt; Odemwingie.
|Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, David Luiz, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Lampard, Essien; Anelka, Torres, Malouda.
- Since taking over from Roberto Di Matteo, Roy Hodgson's side have been unbeaten in six games, including three wins.
- West Brom have turned things round in second halves of games. If their games finished at half-time, they would be four points off safety in 18th place.
- The Baggies have the joint sixth best goalscoring record in the league having notched 46 strikes from 32 games, better than Everton, Liverpool, Tottenham and Aston Villa, among others.
- Striker Peter Odemwingie has netted just under a quarter of his side's goals this season with 11 strikes to his name in his maiden Premier League campaign.
- Scott Carson has kept just a solitary clean sheet this season, which came at the first home game of the season against Sunderland in August. That's the worst record in the league.
- Chelsea have the second best away record in the league, with 23 points from 16 games.
- However, the Blues have lost two of their four games in the Midlands this season, having been defeated 1-0 by both Birmingham and Wolves.
- Ramires may have been sent off in the Champions League on Tuesday, but Chelsea have the third best disciplinary record in the Premier League, with just one red card awarded to Carlo Ancelotti's players in 31 games.
- The reigning champions have the third best average goals per game scored, weighing in at 1.77 goals a match; a record bettered only by Arsenal (two goals a game) and Manchester United (2.19 strikes).
- Despite the gulf in quality between the two sides - and Chelsea's far greater amount of years in the top flight - the clubs have met 123 times, with the Blues winning 51, drawing 32 and losing 40 of their duels with West Brom. However, since the Premier League's inception, the London club have won all nine games, scoring 26 times.
August 14, 2010: Chelsea 6-0 West Brom
The reigning champions began the season with a bang as Didier Drogba scored a hat-trick with Florent Malouda grabbing a brace against the newly promoted side.Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!