|Werder Bremen: Wiese; Fritz, Pasanen, Mertesacker, Silvestre; Frings, Wesley, Borowski, Hunt, Marin; Wagner
|Stuttgart: Ulreich; Boulahrouz, Tasci, Delpierre, Molinaro; Harnik, Kuzmanovic, Traesch, Okazaki, Hajnal; Pogrebnyak
- Werder Bremen have failed to shut out their opponents in their last 12 Bundesliga games - no team in the league has gone that long without keeping a clean sheet.
- When the two sides met earlier this season Stuttgart won 6-0, inflicting Bremen's heaviest defeat in 24 years.
- Both sides are currently four games unbeaten with only Leverkusen on a longer run at the moment (six games without defeat).
- Bremen have been awarded eight penalties this season, more than any other team in the league.
- Die Werderaner have scored a total of 152 goals against Stuttgart with the southern German club scoring 141 in reply.
- Stuttgart have scored at least two goals in each of their last four Bundesliga away games.
- The fixture is notorious for producing goals, with the last six games between Werder and die Schwaben producing 30 goals.
- The two sides have met 89 times in the Bundesliga, Stuttgart just edging it the bragging rights with 32 victories to Bremen's 30. There have been 27 draws.
- Stuttgart have the third worst away record in the league (conceding 49 goals) with Bremen (53 goals) and Moenchengladbach (61) the only sides with a worse defence.
November 7, 2010: Stuttgart 6-0 Werder Bremen
When the two sides met back in November a struggling Stuttgart thrashed Thomas Schaaf's men 6-0 at the Mercedes-Benz Arena with Cacau (2), Ciprian Marica, Christian Gentner, Georg Niedermeier and Arthur Boka all getting on the scoresheet.
Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!