|Villarreal: Diego Lopez; Mario, Gonzalo, Musacchio, Capdevila; Cani, Borja Valero, Bruno, Cazorla; Nilmar, Rossi
|Barcelona: Valdes; Dani Alves, Pique, Milito, Adriano; Busquets, Mascherano, Iniesta; Messi, Bojan, Villa
- Villarreal have won just one of their last four games at El Madrigal, despite winning 10 of the first 11 home games this season.
- Giuseppe Rossi is El Submarino's leading scorer this term with 15 league goals. He has scored three of his team's last four goals.
- The last time the Yellow Submarine failed to score against Barca in the league was back in November 2006.
- Villarreal have lost only twice to Barcelona in La Liga in their last eight meetings, but both were at home.
- Nilmar has been included in the squad after recovering from a leg muscle tear. Angel Lopez and Marcos Senna are still out.
- Barcelona remain the only unbeaten side in the league away from home, scoring 42 goals and conceding just six.
- The Blaugrana had a 100% away record in the league until February 12, 2011 when they were held by Sporting Gijon. They also drew their last away game 1-1 at Sevilla.
- Lionel Messi and Pedro have scored in more consecutive games in La Liga this season than any other player. Messi netted five in a row, but Pedro had a six-match scoring streak.
- Messi, Pedro and David Villa have scored 57 of Barcelona's 81 league goals this campaign, but none have managed to find the net in the last three matches.
- Maxwell, Pedro, Carles Puyol and Eric Abidal are all unavailable, while Xavi is suspended.
November 13, 2010: Barcelona 3-1 Villarreal
The Blaugrana raced to an easy 3-1 victory over El Submarino at Camp Nou. David Villa opened the scoring on 22 minutes, but Nilmar drew the visitors levelled four minutes later. However, Lionel Messi scored twice to secure all three points for the Catalans. Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!