The first Cascadia Cup matchup of the 2012 season sees the Sounders and the Whitecaps both looking to bounce back from tough losses.
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-3-3): Cannon; Lee, Bonjour, DeMerit, Rochat; Koffie, Davidson, Chiumiento; Le Toux, Hassli, Sanvezzo.
OUT: GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Atiba Harris (R quad contusion)
|Seattle Sounders (4-4-2): Meredith; Johansson, Parke, Hurtado, Burch; Rosales, Alonso, Rose, Estrada; Johnson, Montero.||
OUT: GK Josh Ford (R knee stress fracture); MF Steve Zakuani (R leg fracture); DF Michael Tetteh (L hamstring strain); FW Babayele Sodade (R knee ACL tear)
DOUBTFUL: GK Michael Gspurning (R hip strain); DF Patrick Ianni (lower back pain); MF Brad Evans (R calf strain)
PROBABLE: MF Alvaro Fernandez (R quad strain); DF Leo Gonzalez (L quad strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This will be the first Cascadia Cup meeting of the 2012 season. Seattle won last year's edition, posting an unbeaten 2-0-2 record against its Pacific Northwest rivals.
- With 17 points gleaned from its 5-3-2 record, Vancouver is off to the hottest 10-game start in an expansion team’s sophomore season since the 1999 Chicago Fire went 6-4-0 with 18 points to begin the year.
- Seattle still has not conceded more than a single goal in any game this season, having allowed just four goals in 10 games, the league's stingiest defensive record.
- David Estrada has been a pleasant surprise for the Sounders this season. Having played just six games his first two years in the league, the UCLA product leads Seattle with four goals in 10 games.
- Eric Hassli may score great goals, but the Frenchman needs to mind his manners. The big striker's four yellow cards is the worst disciplinary record on the Whitecaps.