The Tartan Army visit Florida to help Jurgen Klinnsman's charges kick off preparations for the 2014 qualifying campaign.
|USA (4-3-3): Howard, Cherundolo, Bocanegra, Onyewu, Castillo; Bradley, Torres, Beckerman; Donovan, Altidore, Dempsey.|
Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Alfredo Morales (Hertha Berlin), Oguchi Onyewu (Sporting Lisbon), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland)
Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
Forwards: Juan Agudelo (Chivas USA), Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)
|Scotland (4-5-1): McGregor; Martin, Berra, Caldwell, Bardsley; Brown, Bannan, Cowie, Whittaker; Miller.
Goalkeepers: Matt Gilks (Blackpool), Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Allan McGregor (Rangers)
Defenders: Phil Bardsley (Sunderland), Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Gary Caldwell (Wigan Athletic), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic), Lee Wallace (Rangers), Andy Webster (Heart of Midlothian), Steven Whittaker (Rangers)
Midfielders: Barry Bannan (Aston Villa), Scott Brown (Celtic), Craig Bryson (Derby County), Don Cowie (Cardiff City), James McArthur (Wigan Athletic)
Forwards: David Goodwillie (Blackburn Rovers), Craig Mackail-Smith (Brighton and Hove Albion), Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic), Kenny Miller (Cardiff City), Matt Phillips (Blackpool), Johnny Russell (Dundee United)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Forward Kenny Miller is the most experienced player within Scotland’s current roster. The 32-year-old has 61 international caps and 16 goals to lead the team in both categories..
- Defender Gary Caldwell has 47 appearances and starting goalkeeper Craig Gordon has 40 games and 15 career shutouts. Every other player on Scotland’s roster has appeared in fewer than 30 matches.
- Nine Scotland players competed in the English Premier League, and seven are with Scottish Premier League teams. However, defender Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers) and forward David Goodwille (Blackburn Rovers) both played for 2011-12 EPL sides that have been relegated to the League Championship.
- The U.S. has collected four consecutive victories dating back to last year, including three straight shutout wins against Venezuela, Panama and Italy for the 2012 campaign.
Michael Bradley played in a career-high 34 league games in his first season at Chievo Verona in Italy’s Serie A. Chievo finished in 10th place in the league table – the team’s best finish since it rejoined the top flight in 2008-09.
Landon Donovan returns to the national team for the first time since September 2011.
- Terrence Boyd had 20 goals for Borussia Dortmund’s second team, scoring a goal in the final to help the team gain promotion to the third civision.
- U.S. defender Carlos Bocanegra and forward Maurice Edu are familiar with Scotland’s roster. The duo plays for Rangers alongside Scotland defenders Lee Wallace and Steven Whittaker and goalkeeper Allan McGregor. Bocanegra wore the captain’s armband for Rangers.
- The match will kick off on May 26 at 8 p.m. ET, and will be broadcast live on NBC Sports and Galavision.