With a game against Manchester City on the horizon, Andre Villas-Boas needs to find a balance between youth and experience in order to salvage a faltering European run.
Walker, Dawson, Caulker, Naughton
Falque, Sigurdsson, Bale
Milec, Rajcevic, Arghus, Mejac
Ibraimi, Filipovic, Mertelj, Cvijanovic
Mousa Dembele (hip) and Sandro (knock) remain sidelined for Tottenham for this game, but Jake Livermore is likely to recover from an ankle injury sustained against Norwich City last week.
Elsewhere, long-term absentees Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Younes Kaboul (both knee) and Scott Parker (Achilles) are all still resigned to the treatment table, though the latter is approaching a comeback.
For Maribor, defensive stalwart Ales Mejac is a doubt for the game after missing the team's final training session, but did make the journey to England meaning Rajko Rep is the only absentee.
However, that is where the bad news ends for head coach Darko Milanic as Jovan Vidovic is available for selection again after missing the tie in Slovenia through suspension and Nejc Potokar is likely to return from injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Maribor has yet to beat English opposition in three attempts, having lost two and drawn 1-1 against Tottenham on matchday three.
- While usually one of the better teams in Slovenia, the away side has won just two of its last six games in all competitions.
- Maribor has won just one of its 15 games away from home in Europe - against Dinamo Kiev in 1999.
- Tottenham has won just one of its last five home games in all competitions.
- Spurs have an impressive home record in Europe, losing just two of their last 13 games, but those two have come in the last five.
- The north London side has won just one of its last six European games, and has yet to win this campaign.