Harry Redknapp and Arsene Wenger go head-to-head at White Hart Lane in Emmanuel Adebayor's reunion game, with both clubs coming off the back of midweek European victories.
Walker, King, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto
Krancjar, Parker, Modric, Bale
Sagna, Mertesacker, Song, Santos
Arteta, Frimpong, Ramsey
Walcott, Van Persie, Arshavin
Tottenham will recall its first-teamers after the Europa League win over Shamrock Rovers, though Jermain Defoe should keep his place after scoring in that match as well as in the 4-0 win over Liverpool, with Harry Redknapp surely keen to test the Gunners’ leaky defense. Steven Pienaar may be fit to make his first appearance of the season, most likely off the bench. And, of course, Emmanuel Adebayor will once again face the side he left in 2009.
Theo Walcott should be fit to return to the side after a knee problem, and will likely displace Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain despite the fellow Southampton graduate’s impressive showing in the Champions League in midweek. Captain Robin van Persie will start in place of Marouane Chamakh, while Aaron Ramsey and Tomas Rosicky will vie for a place in midfield after Jack Wilshere was ruled out for several more months.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal has not beaten Tottenham in a league match in its last three attempts, and only once in its last six.
- Spurs have not lost the north London derby at White Hart Lane since being vanquished 3-1 by the Gunners in September 2007.
- Robin van Persie’s Premier League record in the year 2011 is 21 goals in 23 appearances.
- Mike Dean is a bad luck charm for Arsenal – the club has not won a game which he has refereed since November 2008, when it beat Chelsea 2-1 away.
- Dutch striker Van Persie is currently tied with Joe Baker as Arsenal’s sixteenth highest goalscorer of all time, with exactly 100 goals in all competitions.
- White Hart Lane is used to seeing stalemates, with eight of the last 11 league matches played there ending in a draw.
- The Gunners have not won an away match in the Premier League in the last seven attempts. This is the longest they have gone without winning away in the league since the 1991-92 season when they failed to win eight in a row.