With the teams deadlocked at 1-1, Toronto FC carries a slight advantage over the Vancouver Whitecaps going into the Canadian Championship final second leg.
Toronto FC (4-3-3): Kocic; Eckersley, Henry, Cann, Morgan; de Guzman, Frings, Johnson; Soolsma, Koevermans, Plata
OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L ankle surgery); FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery); DF Miguel Aceval (hamstring)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery)
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-3-3): Cannon; Lee, Bonjour, DeMerit, Rochat; Davidson, Koffie, Thorrington; Le Toux, Hassli, Camilo||
OUT: GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery);
QUESTIONABLE: FW Atiba Harris (quad)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is the fifth edition of the Canadian Championship. The tournament winner advances to the group stage of the CONCACAF Champions League.
- This is the 12th meeting between Toronto FC and the Vancouver Whitecaps. They played each other twice in Major League Soccer last season, but before that played each other six times during Canadian Championship play while the Whitecaps played in North America's second tier.
- The teams have been an even record against each other, with each team winning three times and the remaining five matches ending in draws.
- This is a rematch of last season's Canadian Championship final, which Toronto FC won 3-2 on aggregate.
- The Whitecaps have claimed second place in the Canadian Championship to Toronto FC for three seasons running, with the Montreal Impact claiming the inaugural title.
- Toronto FC has lost all nine of its MLS league matches, while the Whitecaps sit in fourth place in the Western Conference with a record of 5-3-3.