Clint Dempsey could make his Seattle debut north of the border, with the Sounders heading to Toronto on Saturday.
|Toronto FC (4-4-2): Bendik; Eckersley, Caldwell, Henry, Morgan; Rey, Osorio, Laba, Convey; Brockie, Earnshaw.
QUESTIONABLE: Kyle Bekker (L Adductor strain), Robert Earnshaw (L hamstring strain), Danny Koevermans (L calf strain), Emery Welshmen (L Ankle sprain)
|Seattle Sounders (4-4-2): Weber; Traore, Ianni, Gonzalez, Yedlin; Evans, Dempsey, Alonso, Rosales; Johnson, Martins.
OUT: Alex Caskey (R ankle impingement), Josh Ford (R patella fracture), Michael Gspurning (L forearm sprain), Marcus Hahnemann (R hamstring strain), Shalrie Joseph (R calf strain), Phillip Lund (R plantar fasciitis), Steve Zakuani (athletic pubalgia)
- Seattle made the biggest splash in MLS this summer by announcing the signing of U.S. national team captain Clint Dempsey, who will likely make his first showing for the club in this match.
- The Sounders currently sit on 31 points, which has the team outside the playoffs. But with only 20 matches played, the Seattle club has at least two games in hand on the rest of the West.
- Toronto signed TFC Academy player Manny Aparicio to a professional contract on Thursday.
- The Canadian club sits next to last in the East, 13 points back of Houston and a place in the playoffs.
- Both teams come into the match riding two-game winning streaks in league play.