Toronto, missing two key defensive cogs, enters the CCL semifinal round having conceded six goals in the last two MLS matches. Santos, meanwhile, hasn't lost since February.
|Toronto FC (4-3-3): Kocic; Morgan, Aceval, Harden, Eckersley; Silva, da Guzman, Dunfield; Johnson, Koevermans, Plata.
OUT: FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery recovery); DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery recovery); DF Jeremy Hall (sports hernia surgery recovery); MF Torsten Frings (R hamstring strain); GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Adrian Cann (R knee surgery recovery)
|Santos Laguna (4-4-2): Sanchez; Baloy, Galindo, Estrada, Mares; Luduena, Rodriguez, Crosas, H. Gomez; Peralta, Suarez.
- Santos enters the game in roaring form, having won four in a row in the league. Most recently it bumped off Seattle Sounders FC in the CCL with an impressive 7-2 aggregate score.
- American Herculez Gomez has eight goals in the past six matches in all competitions.
- Toronto has lost both MLS matches since qualifying for the CCL semifinals. Both Seattle and San Jose put three goals past TFC's defense.
- TFC coach Aron Winter also has to contend with crucial injuries. Designated Player Torsten Frings (hamstring) will miss a month and starting goalkeeper Stefan Frei (broken leg) will sit out two months.
- After this match (8 p.m. ET, Fox Soccer), the tie will head down to Torreón on April 4. The winner advances to the CCL final.