TFC is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, while Philadelphia is only virtually eliminated from the playoffs.
|Toronto FC (4-4-2): Kocic; Hall, Eckersley, O'Dea, Emory; Wiedeman, Maund, Silva, Lambe; Johnson, Hassli.
OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg); FW Danny Koevermans (L knee ACL tear); DF Ty Harden (lower abdominal strain); MF Torsten Frings (L hip)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Eric Hassli (rib contusion); DF Doneil Henry (L knee tendinosis)
|Philadelphia Union (4-3-3): MacMath; Williams, Okugo, Valdes, Gaddis; Adu, Carrol, Lahoud; M. Farfan, McInerney, Cruz.
OUT: FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion symptoms)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Gabriel Farfan (L big toe sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Toronto FC defender Ashtone Morgan is suspended for this match.
- The Union saw their winless streak stretched to six games in a scoreless draw with the New England Revolution on Sept. 2.
- By losing 2-1 to Chicago on Wednesday, Toronto became the first team mathematically eliminated from the 2012 playoffs. The Reds have never managed to secure a postseason MLS berth.
- Toronto's first win this season, to snap a record-setting nine-game losing steak was a 1-0 victory over Philadelphia on May 26. Philadelphia responded with a 3-0 win at PPL Park on July 8.
- Toronto FC has scored the opening goal on only seven occasions this year, the fewest in MLS.