New York travels to Canada looking to bolster its playoff position. Rafa Marquez will be eligible for selection after serving a one-game suspension last weekend.
|Toronto FC (4-3-3): Frei; Eckersley, Harden, Iro, Morgan; Dunfield, de Guzman, Avila; Soolsma, Koevermans, Johnson.||
OUT: MF Elbekay Bouchiba (R knee surgery recovery); DF Adrian Cann (R knee surgery recovery); DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery recovery)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Demitrius Omphroy (R knee swelling); MF Joao Plata (L hamstring strain); MF Oscar Cordon (R hip flexor)
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Rost; Solli, Marquez, Ream, Miller; Richards, McCarty, Tainio, Lindpere; Rodgers, Henry.||
OUT: DF Chris Albright (R calf strain); MF Sacir Hot (R knee surgery); MF Carl Robinson (R knee contusion)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
With Rafa Marquez suspended, the Red Bulls scored a huge win last weekend, defeating Portland 2-0 at home.
- Toronto earned a point in the CONCACAF Champions League midweek, drawing 1-1 with Mexican side Pumas.
- New York is currently holding on to the 10th and final playoff spot, just one point ahead of D.C. United and two ahead of Portland.
- TFC's playoff hopes took a big hit last weekend, as it lost 3-0 at Chivas USA. It now sits nine points back of New York for the final spot.
- The Red Bulls saw six players called up for the upcoming FIFA international date: Tim Ream (United States), Rafa Márquez (Mexico), Roy Miller (Costa Rica), Dane Richards (Jamaica), Juan Agudelo (United States) and Bouna Coundoul (Senegal).
- TFC still carries the league's worst goal differential at -23.