Coming off a huge CONCACAF Champions League win, TFC looks to end its season on a high at BMO Field.
|Toronto FC (4-3-3): Kocic; Henry, Harden, Iro, Morgan; Frings, de Guzman, Avila; Soolsma, Koevermans, Johnson.||
OUT: MF Elbekay Bouchiba (R knee surgery recovery); DF Adrian Cann (R knee surgery recovery); DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery recovery)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Richard Eckersley (R hamstring strain); DF Demitrius Omphroy (R knee swelling); MF Joao Plata (L hamstring strain); MF Oscar Cordon (R hip flexor)
PROBABLE: FW Danny Koevermans (R knee contusion)
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Shuttleworth; Alston, Cochrane, Barnes, Tierney; Guy, Joseph, Feilhaber, Zerka; Caraglio, Lekic.||
OUT: FW Diego Fagundez (concussion); MF Stephen McCarthy (L shoulder surgery); MF Sainey Nyassi (R hamstring strain); GK Matt Reis (R hamstring strain); DF A.J. Soares (L ankle surgery)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Toronto FC is coming off perhaps the biggest win in franchise history: a 3-0 win at FC Dallas midweek to clinch a spot in next year's knockout phase of the CONCACAF Champions League.
- The Revs are currently riding a five-game losing streak and have been out of playoff contention for several weeks.
- TFC has also long since been eliminated from postseason contention, but has managed back-to-back 1-1 draws against New York and Philadelphia.
- A New England win would see it avoid finishing bottom of the league, as long as Vancouver doesn’t defeat the Colorado Rapids.
- Midseason signing Danny Koevermans has been a hit for TFC this season, scoring seven times in just nine league games
- New England has never won at BMO Field, going 0-2-2.