Both sides look to bounce back from losses, while TFC seeks revenge for its Canadian Championship loss back in May
Toronto FC (4-4-2): Bendik; Richter, Caldwell, Henry, O'Dea; Osorio, Hall, Laba, Convey; Koevermans, Brockie.
OUT: Richard Eckersley (L hamstring), Andrew Wiedeman (R MCL sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: Robert Earnshaw (R calf tightness), Stefan Frei (L hamstring strain)
|Montreal Impact (4-2-3-1): Perkins; Camara, Nesta, Ferrari, Iapchino; Pisanu, Bernier; Romero, Martins, Paponi; Di Vaio.||
OUT: Nelson Rivas (L knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: Justin Mapp (L hamstring strain), Sanna Nyassi (L groin strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Coming off a tough 4-3 loss to Colorado, Montreal is still in first place in the Eastern Conference, one point ahead of New York but with three games in hand.
- TFC dropped a 1-0 home match to Real Salt Lake at the weekend, as the team remains second-from-bottom in the East, with 12 points from 16 games.
- Montreal is tops in MLS with 1.93 points per game. TFC is tied for second-worst with 0.75.
- Toronto FC made a trade on Monday, acquiring a 2015 first round MLS SuperDraft pick and an international roster spot from Chivas USA in exchange for the club’s first allocation ranking position. The Goats then used that spot to pick up Carlos Bocanegra.
- Montreal won the Canadian Championship the last time these two sides met, winning the second leg of the final 6-0 after dropping the first leg 2-0. The victory gave the Impact a spot in the 2013-14 CONCACAF Champions League.