Toronto is faring better than last year, but the extent of the Reds' improvement will be tested by white-hot FC Dallas
|Toronto FC (4-4-1-1): Bendik; Russell, Califf, O'Dea, Eckersley; Bostock, Dunfield, Hall, Lambe; Ephraim; Earnshaw.
OUT: Danny Koevermans (L ACL repair), D. Henry (R Hamstring strain)
FC Dallas (4-2-3-1): Fernandez; Loyd, John, Hedges, Benitez; Michel, Jocobson; Jackson, Ferreira, Castillo; Cooper.
OUT: Walker Zimmerman (groin injury), Stephen Keel (L quad strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Ugo Ihemelu (concussion), Peter Luccin (torn ACL), Victor Ulloa (R ankle), Andrew Jacobson (R ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- FC Dallas is currently the top team in MLS. The Hoops stand at 4-1-0 with 12 points from five games. They have a +3 goal difference, better than the +2 of Montreal, which has an identical record.
- Toronto FC sits in seventh place in the East, with four points from its 1-1-2 record.
- FC Dallas players have taken 31 shots on goal so far this season, a higher total than any other MLS club.
- TFC striker Rovert Earnshaw is the second-highest goalscorer in MLS so far this year. The Welshman has found the net four times in as many games.
- These sides met just once last season, splitting the spoils in a 1-1 draw in Dallas on July 4.