After the loss of its top striker, Toronto FC must soldier on at home against the Rapids.
|Toronto FC (4-4-2): Kocic; Henry, Emory, Eckersley, Morgan; Dunfield, Frings, Silva, Lambe; Wiedeman, Johnson.||
OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg); DF Jeremy Hall (L hamstring strain), FW Danny Koevermans (torn ACL)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery recovery); DF Ty Harden (R adductor strain); DF Adrian Cann (R knee sprain
|Colorado Rapids (4-4-2): Pickens; Freeman, Moor, Wynne, Zapata; Mullan, Larentowicz, Rivero, Castrillon; Casey, Cummings.||
OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches)
PROBABLE: MF Jamie Smith (R ACL tear); FW Conor Casey (R hamstring strain); FW Omar Cummings (L ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Toronto FC announced Tuesday that forward and Designated Player Danny Koevermans has a torn ACL in his left knee and is out for the season. He leads the club with nine goals in 2012.
- Koevermans tore his ACL in Saturday's 1-0 win over New England, the club's second win in a row
- Colorado fell at home Saturday night, losing 2-1 to last-place FC Dallas.
- The Rapids announced on Friday that they acquired defender Tyson Wahl from the Montreal Impact in exchange for an International Roster Spot for the 2014 season.
- Despite winning back-to-back games for the first time this season, Toronto FC still has the fewest points in MLS with 16 (4-11-4 record).
- The Rapids placed midfielder Pablo Mastroeni on the Disabled List Monday. The former U.S. international has struggled with concussion symptoms all season.