The Citizens will look to maintain their exceptional Premier League form despite visiting South Wales without captain Vincent Kompany, who is set to miss the next two weeks.
Rangel, Williams, Caulker, Taylor
Routledge, Britton, Allen, Sinclair
Richards, Kolo Toure, Lescott, Clichy
Nasri, Yaya Toure, Barry
Aguero, Balotelli, Silva
Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers will be without the services of winger Nathan Dyer, who is serving the first game of a three-match ban after the 24-year-old saw red during the victory away to Wigan last Saturday.
Dyer’s absence from the starting line-up will allow former Newcastle midfielder Wayne Routledge to regain a spot in Rodgers' side, having missed out on the Swans' previous two fixtures against Wigan and Stoke City.
The only doubt for Rodgers is the fitness of Wales international Ashley Williams, who has
been suffering from a stomach bug but is expected to be fit enough to take his place at the heart of the Swansea defense.
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini will arrive in Wales minus skipper Vincent Kompany, who limped off early during the Citizens' Europa League defeat away to Sporting Lisbon on Thursday night.
The Italian will also be hoping to welcome back defender Micah Richards to take over the right-back spot, after left-back Gael Clichy was forced to fill in during the defeat in Lisbon, when Richards and Pablo Zabaleta were both missing due to injury.
Maverick frontman Mario Balotelli will also be hoping for a first-team return after his excellent cameo performance in midweek for Mancini’s side, replacing Edin Dzeko, who had a night to forget during the defeat.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- This game will be played almost 29 years to the day since Swansea last claimed victory in this fixture, coming out 4-1 winners in 1983.
- The home side has only conceded 10 goals at the Liberty Stadium this season, with Roberto Mancini’s outfit being the only team who have a better defensive record at home.
- Danny Graham is the Welsh side’s top goalscorer so far this season, having claimed 10 league goals since his move from Watford in the summer.
- Swansea’s Dutch born goalkeeper Michel Vorm has achieved 10 clean sheets so far in his first season in the Premier League.
- Manchester City claimed a four-goal victory when the two sides met at the start of the season, with Sergio Aguero claiming a double on his debut and Edin Dzeko and David Silva also scoring.
- Goalkeeper Joe Hart (pictured right) has gone 390 minutes without conceding a goal in the Premier League, with Everton’s Darron Gibson being the last player to beat the England stopper.
- Argentine frontman Aguero is currently Manchester City’s top scorer in the Premier League, having scored 16 times in his 25 appearances for the club. Aguero is 3/1 with Paddy Power to score two or more goals against Swansea.
- Roberto Mancini’s side currently has an incredible 11-goal advantage to go along with their two-point lead over their local rivals Manchester United at the top of the Premier League.
For all the latest action, check out the Fox Soccer Plus FREE Trial