Paolo Di Canio's side sits five points above the relegation zone after suffering a 6-1 defeat at Villa Park last Monday, while Tony Pulis' men have reached the 40-point mark.
Bardsley, O'Shea, Cuellar, Rose
Johnson, Larsson, McClean
Shotton, Huth, Shawcross, Wilkinson
Adam, Whelan, N'Zonzi, Walters
Sunderland will be without Stephane Sessegnon for the rest of the campaign after the forward picked up a red card during the club's 6-1 defeat against Aston Villa last Monday.
Paolo Di Canio is also likely to be without Connor Wickham (calf), while both Steven Fletcher (ankle) and Lee Cattermole (knee) are long-term casualties.
For Stoke, Glenn Whelan and Andy Wilkinson are both expected to shake off knocks to start on Monday evening. Marc Wilson could be out for the rest of the season with a hamstring injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sunderland strikers Steven Fletcher and Stephane Sessegnon (pictured right) have scored 46 percent of Sunderland's goals in the Premier League this season. Both are missing for Monday's clash.
- Only QPR (12) has scored fewer goals at home than Sunderland (18) this season.
- Sunderland averages only one less long ball per game than Stoke.
- Stoke averages 13 fouls per game in the Premier League, the highest of any side in the division.
- Tony Pulis' side averages the highest aerial duel success rate (58.4 percent) in the Premier League.
- Stoke shares the worst record in front of goal on the road this season with West Ham. Both sides have netted only 11 times on their travels.