The two sides share the same amount of points in the Premier League so far this season, but both will be looking to edge a lead over the opposition.
O’Shea, Turner, Brown, Bardsley
Larsson, Cattermole, Colback, Richardson
Baird, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise
Duff, Murphy, Etuhu, Dempsey
Titus Bramble, Connor Wickham and Fraizer Campbell are all currently suffering from knee injuries, leaving Stephane Sessegnon and on-loan Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner to lead the line in attack.
Fulham is missing Zdenek Grygera (knee) and Philippe Senderos (thigh) in defense, with Aaron Hughes likely to step in to replace the former.
In midfield, the Cottagers will miss Steve Sidwell – who has recently undergone a hernia operation – and Simon Davies (knee). Dickson Etuhu looks likely to step in and fill the void left by the former Chelsea and Aston Villa man.
| DID YOU KNOW?
- Both sides have taken 10 points from their first 11 fixtures in the Premier League, with Sunderland just ahead of Fulham on goal difference.
- The home side has won in only three of the 14 Premier League meetings between the two sides.
- Six goals have been scored in the Premier League this season from direct free kicks, four of which have been in fixtures involving Steve Bruce’s men (two for and two against).
- The Black Cats have only managed to keep one clean sheet in their last 14 fixtures at the Stadium of Light.
- Fulham has won just four of its last 42 away games.
- Martin Jol’s side has conceded a third of its goals in the final 15 minutes of games this season.
- The Cottagers have not been beaten by Sunderland since January 2009.
- Clint Dempsey has been fouled more often than any other player in the Premier League this season.
- Saturday’s fixture will be the west Londoners’ 25th fixture this season in all competitions.
- Sunderland has not managed to win two fixtures in a row across all competitions this season.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.