Black Cats look to improve poor home form in 2011 with third win in a row over the Villains, while Alex McLeish's side look to bounce back from successive defeats
O’Shea, Turner, Brown, Richardson
Larsson, Colback, Vaughan, Sessegnon
Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock
Albrighton, Petrov, Ireland, N’Zogbia
The only variable in the lineup could be the position of Stephane Sessegnon who started on the wing at the Reebok but in the second half was given more of a free role.
Alex McLeish will be without the suspended Chris Herd and Barry Bannan who was made unavailable this week by the Scot. So expect Mark Albrighton and Stephen Ireland to come into the midfield, which may cause the former Birmingham City boss to change the team’s shape with four in midfield instead of three like last week. But if he chooses to stick with the 4-3-3 formation, Ciaran Clark could also be an option.
Meanwhile, Alan Hutton has recovered from the head injury he sustained last week, so he should start at right back while Jermaine Jenas could play some part from the bench.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- If Sunderland beats Aston Villa at the Stadium of Light, it would be the club's first pair of wins since January, when it beat Blackburn and coincidentally Villa.
- The Black Cats did the double over the Birmingham-based club last season with the scoreline being 1-0 on both occasions.
- Villa last won at the Stadium of Light in 2009, when Emile Heskey and James Milner hit the back of the net in a 2-0 victory.
- Sunderland has only won once at home this season and only three times in 2011.
- Aston Villa has yet to win away from home this season. Out of its four games so far the club has drawn three times and lost once.
- Darren Bent (pictured right) will make his first return to the Stadium of Light since joining Villa in January. Bent is Sunderland’s record sale and the Midlands side's record buy at a reported 24 million pounds.
- The Black Cats have the joint third best defense in the Premier League after nine games, conceding just 10 goals.
- There were two red cards in the last fixture between these two sides with the Wearsiders' Bolo Zenden being sent off while Villa's Emile Heskey was also sent off for an early shower.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.