Sporting, the best team in the East, takes on TFC, which has the worst record in Major League Soccer.
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Harrington, Besler, Sinovic; Cesar, Espinoza, Nagamura; Zusi, Sapong, Kamara.
OUT: FW Teal Bunbury (L knee ACL tear); DF Cyprian Hedrick (L fibula fracture); FW Jacob Peterson (R shoulder sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Bobby Convey (R hamstring strain); GK Jon Kempin (R ankle fracture)
|Toronto FC (4-4-2): Kocic; Hall, Eckersley, O'Dea, Morgan; Johnson, Frings, Dunfield, Wiedeman; Silva, Soolsma.
OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg); FW Danny Koevermans (L knee ACL tear); DF Ty Harden (lower abdominal strain); DF Doneil Henry (L knee tendinosis)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Eric Hassli (back spasms); DF Matt Stinson (R quadriceps strain); MF Reggie Lambe (R knee MCL sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sporting is 17-1-6 when Chance Myers, Matt Besler, Aurelien Collin and Seth Sinovic start in the Sporting Kansas City backline together.
- Unfortunately for KC, Collin is suspended for this game due to yellow card accumulation.
- Toronto FC saw its winless run reach six games in the 1-1 draw at Houston, the second game in a three-game spell away from BMO Field..
- Kei Kamara scored his third goal in the last five games, giving him 10 for the season, in Sporting’s 1-1 draw with New York. The 10 goals matched his career single-season high set in 2009; Kamara has 29 goals over the last three seasons.
- Graham Zusi recorded his fourth assist over the last five games (and third consecutive game), setting up Kamara’s goal. Zusi is now second in MLS with 12 assists, one behind Seattle’s Mauro Rosales.