Two of the Eastern Conference's top three sides meet in a Friday night match in Kansas City.
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Cesar, Espinoza, Zusi; Bravo, Kamara, Bunbury.||
OUT: DF Daneil Cyrus (L foot fracture); MF Konrad Warzycha (R knee surgery);
QUESTIONABLE: MF Birahim Diop (lower back strain); MF Luke Sassano (R knee sprain);
PROBABLE: DF Chance Myers (R foot contusion)
|Philadelphia Union (4-4-2): MacMath; G. Farfan, Califf, Valdes, M. Farfan; Carroll, Torres, Miglioranzi, Adu; Le Toux, Mwanga.||
OUT: GK Faryd Mondragon (R ring finger fracture); GK Thorne Holder (concussion); DF Sheanon Williams (concussion); MF Levi Houapeu (L ankle strain);
DOUBTBUL: MF Justin Mapp (L quad strain);
PROBABLE: FW Veljko Paunovic (L calf strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Sporting Kansas City dropped a 1-0 decision to Real Salt Lake on Saturday at Rio Tinto, with Nat Borchers scoring the winner.
- The Union earned a 1-0 win at home over the Columbus Crew on Saturday, with Sebastien Le Toux scoring the game's only goal.
- These teams are only separated by a point in the standings: Sporting KC has 40 points and is in second place in the Eastern Conference, while the Union are in third place with 39 points. The Union do have a game in hand, however.
- The first meeting between these two teams was a 0-0 draw in Philadelphia on June 22. The match saw Sporting Kansas City goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen make a career-high seven saves.
- After giving up 14 goals through seven games from July 29 to Sept. 7, the Union have kept two consecutive clean sheets
- Kei Kemara and Omar Bravo are tied for the Sporting KC lead in goals with eight, while Teal Bunbury has seven.