Only two points separate these two teams in the Eastern Conference, as both look to solidify their playoff spots.
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Cesar, Arnaud, Zusi; Bravo, Kamara, Bunbury.||
OUT: DF Daneil Cyrus (L foot fracture); MF Luke Sassano (R knee sprain); MF Konrad Warzycha (R knee surgery)
PROBABLE: DF Matt Besler (L knee inflammation)
New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Rost; Solli, Keel, Ream, Miller; Richards, Marquez, Tainio, Lindpere; Rodgers, Henry.
OUT: DF Chris Albright (R calf strain); MF Sacir Hot (R knee surgery); MF Carl Robinson (R knee contusion)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Sporting Kansas City is in second place in the Eastern Conference, and can clinch a playoff berth with a victory in this match.
- New York is in fourth place in the Eastern Conference, and more importantly is tied with Houston on 43 points for the 10th and final MLS playoff spot.
- Teal Bunbury scored a late equalizer in Sporting's last match, as it managed to secure a 1-1 draw at San Jose.
- The Red Bulls defeated the LA Galaxy 2-0 in their last match, and have now won three of their last five MLS matches.
- Sporting had a mid-week friendly on its schedule, drawing 2-2 with Chivas de Guadalajara on Wednesday
- Thierry Henry is tied with Chris Wondolowski and Dwayne De Rosario for the Golden Boot lead with 14 goals.