These teams haven't met on the field yet, but the coaches are familiar with each other and even did a bit of business during the offseason.
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Harrington; Cesar, Espinoza, Zusi; Kamara, Sapong, Convey.
OUT: GK Eric Kronberg (lower back strain); DF Seth Sinovic (R broken hand)
DOUBTFUL: DF Shawn Singh (R hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: DF Cyprian Hedrick (bilateral Achilles tendonitis)
|Montreal Impact (4-4-2): Ricketts; Brovsky, Ferrari, Thomas, Wahl; Arnaud, Martins, Warner, Neagle; Corradi, Nyassi.||
OUT: DF Zarek Valentin (R calf contusion)
DOUBTFUL: MF Justin Mapp (L hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: DF Nelson Rivas (L hamstring strain); DF Gienir Garcia (L knee contusion); MF Davy Arnaud (L hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is the first MLS meeting between these two teams. However, they met in a preseason friendly and drew 1-1.
- Kansas City is first in the East, with 21 points from eight games. Montreal is in seventh with eight points from nine.
- Davy Arnaud, who scored the first MLS goal in Montreal history, spent a decade in Kansas City and was the team's captain last year. He was traded to the expansion team in the offseason so that Sporting could reacquire Seth Sinovic, who had been plucked by the Impact in the Expansion Draft.
- Jesse Marsch and Peter Vermes have yet to meet as coaches, but they are familiar with each other as players, meeting several times from 1996-2002. Marsch (D.C. United, Chicago Fire) edged those encounters, with a 9-4-1 record against Vermes (Colorado Rapids, Kansas City Wizards).
- On Wednesday Montreal ground out a 0-0 draw with Toronto FC in the Canadian Championship. The second leg to determine which side advances to the final, will be played next week.