Supporters' Shield contenders Kansas City aim to make a statement against current Shield holder LA.
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Cesar, Espinoza, Zusi; Convey, Sapong, Kamara.
OUT: GK Eric Kronberg (lower back injury)
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, Boyens, DeLaGarza, Dunivant; Cardozo, Beckham, Juninho, Donovan; Buddle, Keane.
OUT: DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery); GK Brian Perk (sports hernia surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Adam Cristman (concussion); FW Landon Donovan (L quad tightness); MF Bryan Jordan (L hamstring strain); MF Mike Magee (R adductor tightness); FW Pat Noonan (R hip flexor tightness)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sporting Kansas City comes into this game with a perfect 4-0-0 record, the best in MLS.
- The Galaxy haven't lost back-to-back MLS games since August 2010.
- Graham Zusi's five assists this year lead all MLS players.
- Los Angeles has conceded seven goals in three games. Last year, it took seven matches for the Galaxy's opponents to reach that figure.
- Los Angeles scored six goals against Sporting KC in its two regular-season meetings last season, a 4-1 win and a 2-2 draw.