Sporting Kansas City has a chance to go top in the East, and the poor-traveling Dynamo might just be the perfect victims.
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Besler, Cesar, Sinovic; Convey, Zusi, Espinoza; Kamara, Sapong, Bunbury.
OUT: DF Cyprian Hedrick (L fibula fracture); GK Jon Kempin (R ankle fracture); DF Lawrence Olum (L groin strain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Michael Thomas (R ankle sprain)
PROBABLE: FW Bobby Convey (L calf strain)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Hall; Hainault, Boswell, Taylor, Ashe; Carmargo, Moffat, Davis; Garcia, Bruin, Kandji.
DOUBTFUL: DF Alex Dixon (concussion); MF Calen Carr (L hamstring strain); MF Je-Vaughn Watson (L adductor strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Geoff Cameron (L hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Houston has yet to lose a match at the new BBVA Compass Stadium, going 4-0-3 since opening the ground on May 12.
- This is the first meeting between these two clubs since Houston eliminated SKC in the 2011 Eastern Conference final. Second half goals from Andre Hainault and Carlos Costly ended Sporting’s playoff run and secured the Dynamo a third MLS Cup appearance.
- A win would see Sporting leapfrog D.C. United and take first spot in the Eastern Conference. A loss could see the club end the weekend in third.
- In league play, Sporting has a three-game unbeaten streak alive against Houston, winning the last two meetings in Kansas City.
- Houston striker Will Bruin has recorded nine goals in 17 games, nearly doubling his rookie tally of five goals, which he managed in 25 total appearances.