The Eastern Conference final pits Sporting KC against the Houston Dynamo. The teams will convene in Kansas City on Sunday to duke it out.
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Cesar, Espinoza, Zusi; Kamara, Sapong, Bravo.
OUT: DF Daneil Cyrus (L foot fracture); MF Luke Sassano (R knee sprain); MF Peterson Joseph (R knee surgery); MF Konrad Warzycha (R knee surgery)
PROBABLE: FW Omar Bravo (R abductor strain); MF Milos Stojcev (R ankle sprain)
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Hainault, Cameron, Boswell, Ashe; Watson, Moffat, Carmago, Davis; Ching, Carr.
OUT: FW Cam Weaver (R hip)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Kanas City progressed to a the fourth conference final in franchise history with a 4-0 aggregate win over the Colorado Rapids.
- The Dynamo dispatched the Philadelphia Union with a 3-1 aggregate score. Brian Ching, who scored the first goal in Robertson Stadium, headed home the only goal of the second leg, the last MLS match Robertson Stadium will host.
- Brad Davis assisted two of Houston's three goals in the conference semifinal from set pieces. Not to be outdone, Graham Zusi served up two assists from dead balls in a 2-0 second leg win over the Rapids.
- Sporting KC has kept four consecutive clean sheets for a total of 365 minutes of shutout soccer.
- In the previous meeting at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park, KC posted a 3-0 win over Houston. Since then, the Dynamo has gone eight matches unbeaten.