Columbus travels well to Kansas City, where it has won four of the last five trips.
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Jerome; Nagamura, Rosell, Zusi; Kamara, Bieler, Peterson.
|Columbus Crew (4-4-1-1): Gruenebaum; Barson, Marshall, Williams, Wahl; Arrieta, O'Rourke, Speas, Anor; Higuain; Oduro.
OUT: Drew Beckie (L adductor strain), Ryan Finley (R Ankle Sprain), Eddie Gaven (L ACL rupture), Glauber (L ACL Rupture), Kyle Hyland (L Adductor Strain), Augustin Viana (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Augustin Viana (R hamstring strain)
- In the last 12 meetings, the Crew have won seven and drawn two with Sporting KC. Columbus has won four of its last five visits to Kansas City.
- The Crew have lost three of their last five league games. They are six in the Eastern Conference with 20 points from 16 games.
- Sporting hasn't won in four games, drawing three of them. KC is fourth in the East with 23 points from 16 games.
- SKC has the second stingiest defense in the league, with 15 goals conceded in 2013.
- Matías Sánchez and C.J. Sapong are suspended for this match.