The reigning MLS champion Colorado sits on the verge of playoff elimination with a two-goal deficit and eight key players unavailable away in Kansas City.
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Besler, Collin, Sinovc; Cesar, Espinoza, Zusi; Kamara, Bunbury, Sapong.
OUT: DF Daneil Cyrus (L foot fracture); MF Luke Sassano (R knee sprain); MF Peterson Joseph (R knee surgery); MF Konrad Warzycha (R knee surgery)
|Colorado Rapids (4-4-2): Pickens; Thompson, Wynne, Palguta, Commingues; Nyassi, Larentowicz, LaBauex, Mullan; Cummings, Kandji.
OUT: FW Conor Casey (L Achilles tear); MF Jamie Smith (R knee ACL tear); DF Anthony Wallace (R knee arthroscopic surgery); DF Kosuke Kimura (L foot fracture); DF Drew Moor (R shoulder AC joint sprain); FW Caleb Folan (L ankle /L knee sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Pablo Mastroeni (concussion)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sporting KC won 2-0 away in the first leg to take a commanding lead in the tie. Teal Bunbury scored both goals.
- Colorado lost three players to injury in that match and a fourth - Tyrone Marshall - to a red card. Kosuke Kimura (foot fracture), Drew Moor (separated shoulder) and Caleb Folan (ankle sprain) all had to be substituted in the loss.
- The Rapids now have seven key players injured for the second leg, six of whom (all but Folan) started in the 2010 MLS Cup final.
- Sporting hasn't allowed a goal in three matches, good for a 275-minute shutout streak. Also, the first-leg win was the first playoff game in which Kansas City has scored more than one goal since 2004.
- Designated Player Omar Bravo missed the first leg with groin tightness, but should be fit should coach Peter Vermes call on him Wednesday.